Sunday, November 20, 2011

(Re)Sparking my Motivation

Yesterday was the first day that I can remember that I woke up craving the gym; craving my workout.
I woke up and got ready for the gym... and by the time I walked in -- I was happy to find it empty! An EMPTY gym?!?! In what parrallel universe does that exsist?!?!


So I was super pumped and felt completely comfortable. This was the first time that I experienced the new gym without my trainer, and it made me SUPER confident in myself and it made my motivation multiply incredibly.


Since then, I have CRAVED the gym. In fact, I tried to fall asleep on Friday night but couldn't. I had a horrible time falling asleep because I couldn't stop thinking about the gym. It is a completely new experience for me, but I have to tell you that I am enjoying that emotion.


I followed my trainer's advice about my workout and warmed up with some cardio, did a whole ton of free-form strength training circuits and then I finished up with some cardio.... then of course I did some cool down cardio to finish off my day.


Two full days later, I am still completely sparked and pumped up. I can definitely say now that my spark fizzled a while ago. I have been going through the paces, but really didn't have the motivation - the hunger for fitness and sweat.


I think that this happens to a lot of us in our journeys. One missed workout turns into two-- turns into making other excuses and then you forget how GOOD it really feels to work out!


So that's where I'm at right now. Short and sweet, right?  I will leave you with a few other thoughts:




No comments:

Post a Comment